Pharmadexnicol Eye drops contains the active ingredients 1mg Dexamethasone Phosphate as Dexamethasone sodium phosphate and 10mg Chloramphenicol per ml. It also contains Phenylmercuric Nitrate, Polyethylene Glycol-400, Boric Acid, Borax, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose and Water for injection.
Pharmadexnicol is used in the treatment of acute and chronic keratitis and conjunctivitis of an infectious allergic and non-viral nature.
Before using Pharmadexnicol Eye Drops
In some circumstances this medicine may not be suitable for you and your doctor may wish to give you a different medicine, so:
- If you are pregnant or intending to become pregnant
- If you are breast feeding a baby
- If you ever had to stop taking medicine because you were allergic to it
INFORM YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING TO TAKE THIS MEDICINE
How to use Pharmadexnicol Eye Drops
- Adults, children and infants: the normal dosage is 1-2 drop to be put in the affected eye up to 6 times a day. However, follow your doctor’s advice.
- Do not touch your eye with the dropper tip on the bottle as this may contaminate the drops.
While using Pharmadexnicol Eye Drops
Do not wear soft contact lenses whilst using Pharmadexnicol as the preservative may damage the lens.
What are the possible unwanted effects of Pharmadexnicol Eye Drops?
You may experience some or all of the following reactions in your eye: irritation or allergic reation, burning, stinging, itching, dermatitis and temporary blurring of vision.
How to store Pharmadexnicol Eye Drops
- Store in a cool place (below 30°c) away from light
- Do not use after 4 weeks of opening the bottle
- Keep out of reach of children
- Return capped container into carton after every use.