Pharmatimol eye drops contains the active ingredient Timolol Maleate equivalent to 5mg Timolol per ml. It also contains Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Phosphates, Disodium Edetate, Sodium Chloride and Water for injection.
What are Pharmatimol eye drops used for?
Pharmatimol is used to reduce the raised pressure in your eyes, one such cause of this condition is glaucoma. Pharmatimol contains Timolol maleate which is one of a group of chemicals called beta-blockers, these reduce the pressure in your eye(s).
Before using Pharmatimol eye drops
In some circumstances this medicine may not be suitable for you and your doctor may wish to give you a different medicine, so:
- If you are pregnant or intending to become pregnant
- If you are breast feeding a baby
- If you ever had to stop taking medicine because you were allergic to it
- If you suffer from asthma or have suffered from asthma or a similar condition in the past
- If you are under the age of 14
INFORM YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING TO TAKE THIS MEDICINE.
How to use Pharmatimol eye drops
- One drop to be instilled into the affected eye twice daily or as directed by your doctor
- Do not touch your eye with the dropper tip on the bottle as this may contaminate the drops.
While using Pharmatimol
Do not wear soft contact lenses whilst using Pharmatimol as the preservative may damage the lens.
What are the possible unwanted effects of Pharmatimol eye drops?
Unwanted effects are rare, but sometimes there may be mild irritation or grittiness of the eye or visual disturbances. More serious side effects are wheezing or shortness of breath, slow pulse or itching, together with swelling of the eyes, lips or mouth. Stop using Pharmatimol if you have any unusual symptoms or feelings and see your doctor as soon as possible.
How to store Pharmatimol
- Store in a cool place (below 30°c) away from light
- Do not use after 4 weeks of opening the bottle
- Keep out of reach of children
- Return capped container into carton after every use.